Mental Health Month
During the month of May, the U.S highlights the importance of emotional wellbeing for Mental Health Month. Any given year, 1 out of 5 adults in the U.S. experience a diagnosable mental health condition and close to half experience a diagnosable condition at some point during their lifetime. Over the past year, we have seen just how important our emotional wellbeing is to our overall wellbeing.
At Serco we understand the importance of investing in our health, and we encourage you to take a few minutes of your day to focus on ways to take care of your emotional wellbeing.
Where to Start
Serco has wonderful resources available to all employees to support emotional wellbeing.
LifeWorks for Serco is our Employee Assistance Program. The program offers confidential support, resources, and services for your emotional wellbeing, any time, 24/7.
With the right support, information and resources you can keep your mental health on track. LifeWorks has put together a Mental Health Toolkit to help.
LifeWorks has additional online toolkits to support you and your families. Whether you want to learn how to practice mindfulness, cope better with change, or you’re considering positive lifestyle changes or dealing with challenges resources are available to you.
To register your account:
- Visit http://login.lifeworks.com/signup or download the app from the App Store or Google Play (search for ‘LifeWorks’) then click ‘Sign up.’
- Your invitation code is ‘sna-‘ followed by your Serco employee ID number (e.g.sna-80099999).
- Visit https://login.lifeworks.com/ and log in using your email address and password set up during the registration process.
Serco is also highlighting Mental Health America’s Tools 2 Thrive campaign during the month of May. By taking one of these actions, you can be entered into a special $50.00 raffle. Click Here to enter.
- Take a mental health screening: This provides a quick snapshot of your mental wellbeing.
- Online screening is one of the quickest and easiest ways to determine whether you are experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition such as anxiety, depression, postpartum depression, PTSD, etc.
- If you are experiencing symptoms, consider sharing your concerns and results with your doctor or a trusted friend.
- Click here to complete a health screening. Results are confidential, your information is not shared with Serco.
- Invest in your emotional wellbeing: Mental Health America offers worksheets on self-care, managing anger and frustration, and dealing with worst case scenarios.
- Take time to invest in your emotional wellbeing by completing one of the linked worksheets below.