Stay Informed for the Flu Season
As we continue taking measures to protect ourselves from COVID-19, it’s important to stay vigilant against other illnesses like Influenza, also known as the flu, which can threaten our health and well-being.
Get a Flu Shot: A flu shot is the best way to lower chances of getting the flu and prevent spreading it to others. Getting the vaccine each year provides the best protection. Plan to get the flu vaccine before the end of October.
Keep up with Healthy Habits : Avoid spreading germs this flu season with some additional precautions to take during the pandemic.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Cover nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Clean objects and surfaced that may be contaminated
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- Remain at home if possible
- Avoid visiting crowded places
- Maintain 6 feet between other people
Know Where to Go: Remember that help is available when you need it. If you have Cigna coverage, visit http://www.mycigna.com to find healthcare providers near you. If you do not have Cigna coverage speak with your medical insurance carrier for more information.
Adapted from Cigna