Fitness at Home
One of the best ways to reduce stress is to be physically active. Doing so allows us to focus on something besides our fears and also boosts our moods by releasing endorphins. While there are some memes going around that are saying we are being tasked to stay home and sit on our couch, we do not actually need to sit on our couch the whole time!
Are you looking to keep up with your workouts at home? With many gyms and fitness studios temporarily closing, we have you covered! Below are a few ways you can stay active.
Take a walk – As we are doing our part to limit non-essential interactions, we can still enjoy a walk around the neighborhood, unless restricted in your area. This is a double win! We are enjoying some fresh air while also getting our recommended 150+ minutes of physical activity per week.
Active & Fit Direct – Did you know that a membership to Active & Fit Direct comes with over 800 on-demand workouts? You can choose to participate in a class or do exercise on your own at home. For more information on how to register visit https://sercowellness.com/2017/09/12/new-activefit-direct-program/.
LIFT – As a Serco employee, you have access to LIFT, an online workout platform. Simply register through the LifeWorks platform to get started. Some content is free and all paid content is 50% for the next two months. https://lifeworks-global.liftsession.com/. See the below instructions if you have not registered your LifeWorks EAP account.
Visit www.login.lifeworks.com. If you need to register for your account, visit login.lifeworks.com/signup. Your invitation code is “sna-” followed by your Serco employee ID number (e.g. sna-80099999).
Additional Free Workout Options:
- Plant Fitness: Plant fitness will live stream a free, short workout class at 7pm ET Monday -Friday until March 27th. If you cannot join live, the workout will be available on their YouTube channel for you to watch later. No equipment needed. http://www.facebook.com/planetfitness
- LesMills On Demand: Choose from a variety of on-demand fitness workouts or meditations. https://watch.lesmillsondemand.com/free-content
- Peloton: Free 90-day trial through the Peloton app allowing access to workouts. Peloton equipment not required. https://www.onepeloton.com/app
- CorePower Yoga: Free on-demand online yoga classes. https://www.corepoweryoga.com/yoga-on-demand
- Fitness Blender: Free cardio, strength and stretching videos. https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos
- Fhitting Room: HITT workouts available for free 30-day trial. https://ondemand.fhittingroom.com/
- CrossFit: At home workouts including individual exercises and instructions https://www.crossfit.com/at-home
- 305 Fitness: Dance fitness classes available to stream on their YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/305Fitness
- YouTube: There are many workouts available on YouTube.com. Some may use equipment, while others may not. A personal favorite is Yoga with Adrienne.
- Y360 Your Virtual YMCA: Choose from yoga, barre, boot camp or videos for active older adults. Most workouts are between 15-20 minutes. https://ymca360.org/
How are you finding ways to keep up with your exercise/physical activity routines? Send us an email and we will share in the comments.